Total Pageviews

Allie and Taylor's Days!

This will keep you up to date on some of the things going on in our lives...if mom can keep up!

Monday, November 23, 2009

Halloween!!


Halloween was interesting this year. It is my favorite holiday next to Christmas, which I just naturally assumed the girls would follow with me too. Taylor - yep, loves it! She's all about dressing up and the trick or treating. Allie, not so much. I can't believe it...it's just not right. The first issue was costume. She could NOT decide what she wanted to wear. Every suggestion we had was a "no". Taylor LOVED the "poodle skirt" idea. Allie couldn't decide, so I got her that too. She was NOT a fan. She humored me and wore it, but didn't love it.

Time for trick-or-treating and Allie seemed onboard. Grandma Julie, Jackie and Jodi came out to go with us. We went to one house and Taylor couldn't get the doorbell. Allie dropped her bag, went up to the house, rang the bell and knocked, and goes "there Taylor...I did it for you." And walked away! Wanted nothing to do with the candy. As Allie was leaving the next house, a little boy came from out of nowhere and knocked her down! She was beside herself. She cried and cried, and the boy didn't say one word. I, being the protective mom, hollered at him and said, "You could at least apologize for knocking her down. And slow down - there are little kids all over." He didn't even look at me. Come to find out, his dad was standing at the end of the driveway, saw the whole thing and didn't say anything either! Nice! Anyway, the fun was over for her. She told me, "Mom, maybe next year I'll just stay and hand out candy with daddy." Oh geez...

Taylor was all over it! She wanted to just keep going and going! She loves it.

2 comments:

Lori said...

OMG! They're back! Love the stories! Now keep them coming! :)

Lori said...

Fun to see some "new" pics - your girls are absolutely ADORABLE!!!